Sunday, September 23, 2012

We Love Ice Cream!

Woof woof woof!

We have discovered soft serve ice cream cones and we wove it!

Duncan and I had a hard day a while back because dad took us to the vet.  Things were a little tense when we arrived, what with all of the new people and new smells, but we settled down nicely until that man invited us into this little room and shut the door.  Good thing dad was there to protect us!  He seemed nice enough at first, but then came the shots and the stuff up the nose and up the butt!  Yikes!  Is there no modesty any more?  We'll we survived the visit to the vet and it wasn't fun.

When dad came from work he invited Duncan and I into the car to go for a ride.  I don't like rides.  Every time I get loaded into the car we end up at places like the vet or the groomer.  I don't like rides and I don't get into cars willingly.  I did my best to avoid the ordeal by laying down on the ground and not budging an inch but dad came over, picked me up, and put me into the car.  Isn't that dognapping or something like that?  Mom didn't even seem to mind that her little Dakota was being dognapped, in fact, she was an accomplis to the whole ordeal.  Mom, I thought you loved me!

It was dark so I don't know exactly where we went.  It didn't smell familiar.  Dad stopped the car in front of this little box on a stand and started jabbering about something to someone who was in the box.  How did they get someone into that small box.  Then we moved again for a short distance.  A man on the other side of the window opened the window and then handed dad something tall and white.  In fact, dad got two of these things and then we were off again to park in some giant parking lot.

Dad started licking his thing and then turned and let Duncan and I check it out.  It smelled good so I stuck out my tongue to give it a taste.  Wow, it was sweet and cold too!  Ah, just what I needed after a hard day.  Then Duncan started licking and so the competition began ... someone was going to lick more of this thing than the other and I was determined to be the winner.  At least, I thought I was going to lick up the lion's share but then Duncan started taking huge bits out of it.  Where are his manners!  Ladies do not just bit and swallow ... there are some dainties that are required of a lady.  Duncan, just wait until next time ... I'll get even!  Woof!






1 comment:

Heidi said...

You two dogs are crazy! Make sure to tell your dad that people food isn't good for you! But I'm sure he won't listen- he loves to spoil you:)