Sunday, October 2, 2011

Dangerous Doings

You'd better watch out ... Dad's working in the man cave and no-one is safe! If you don't believe us, just look at these two pictures. Dad was working on a project on his router table and must not have been focused on what he was doing. One second I was lazily watching him and scratching behind my ears and the next second I heard a thud and saw Dad staring at the wall.

Where was Dad's project? He had a piece of wood in his hands a second ago ... That's when I noticed that a piece of wood sticking out of the wall. You can see for yourself. Dad was surprised and looked a little nervous but shook it off quickly. He ran to the house to get a camera so that I could share this important safety tip with you ... Pay attention to what you're doing!




That was a close call for Dad. He still has his ten toes and fingers and that cheesy grin and goofey laugh, but Dakota wasn't so lucky. I still don't know what happened to 'kota. One day we were barking, playing, and chasing rabbits and then next she seemed really tired and wouldn't play at all. Dad and Mom noticed her change in mood too.

They got concerned and Dad took her to the doctor. I had to stay home alone. Normally, that isn't a problem because 'Kota is always with me. Today was different and I was a little nervous.
Dad was gone for quite some time but then came home again with 'Kota.

She still wasn't feeling well, but it got even worse. Later in the day, she started bleeding from her bottom. Mom and Dad tried to rig up some diaper like thing to keep the blood from getting all over the place, but it didn't work very well. So Dad took her back to the doctor the next day. She's been taking some pills and that seems to have helped. I was pretty concerned for a few days. She's back to normal now and life is good again. We're back to chasing rabbits at the school and rough housing in the living room. I love my sister Dakota.

Carolyn and her family are coming this week so Dad took us to the groomer to make us look "pretty." I'd rather look cool and let 'Kota be the girly lookin' one. Here's our picture for your viewing pleasure. Woof!


1 comment:

Heidi said...

Hey kids- remind me to NOT let dad work on projects at MY house, I don't need any more holes in the wall or missing tiles!!! Nice to see the pictures though! I can't wait to see more.