Well mom and dad have done it again, this time it's me instead of Duncan. I know they are trying to help, but sometimes I'm not sure I need so much help. After the first of the year, my right eye became irritated and starting leaking ... just like Duncan's when he had to go to the doctor and have stitches in his eye. On Friday, dad took me to the eye doctor and left me all alone. I was scared and nervous, especially without Duncan at my side. I don't recall much from my day there at the doctor's office because I think I fell asleep. When I woke up I had this plastic collar around my neck and my right eye felt different. Dad says it looks alot better than before. I hope he's right.

In the meantime, this collar, that mom calls the Elizabethan collar, is a real challenge. No more getting through the doggie door or squeezing past Duncan or my folks on the stairs. Suddenly, I'm coming to a full stop as the collar hits a door, cupboard, shelf, table, desk, wall, etc. My collar seems to bang into everything I see. (A cone of attraction)
And that's not the worst of it. I can't seem to get close enough to my water or food bowls to eat or drink. Dad could see my dilemma so he put out special bowls just for me. There is one good thing about the collar though, when I put my head down to eat or drink from a bowl, Duncan can't horn in on the action and I have it all to myself. (A cone of satisfaction) That's a small consolation for the pain in the neck that this collar gives me. Dad says I can remove the collar in about three weeks, but I'm trying to be extra good to I can sweet talk him into taking it off sooner -- my paws are crossed.
Duncan can be so sweet at times. He's being a little gentler with me now that I have the collar, but he also seems to be playing with his tennis balls more. When he gets into one of those tennis ball moods he ignores just about everything but food, including me, his very own dear sister. He plays with that ball all day and he'd play/chew it all night if mom and dad would let him. I'm glad they don't. We all need sleep. (Dad took a short video of him "playing" with his ball.)
He's getting quicker at stripping the outer covering off of the ball and then tearing the ball into pieces. He can do it now in an afternoon. Maybe those guys from guinness will find out.
1 comment:
So sorry about your cone Dakota- but I'm pretty sure even with your paws crossed Dad is gonna leave the collar on to make sure you heal. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment